Friday, November 19, 2010

Randy Travis - The Storms of Life

I hear it time after time; "I like all kinds of music, except country."
Country is such a criminally misunderstood genre of music, it's criminal. Here's a news flash folks, country music isn't all "FUCK YEAR AMERIKUUUH" and Taylor Swift. Most early country music was music for the blue-collar man with a sensitive side. It was powerful, simple yet well written music. Cash, Willie Nelson, Faron Young (now you see my process), This was all country. Compare it to country now and you will see virtually no similarities except for
that little "TWANG" effect that every country song has for some reason.

Here's where Randy Travis comes in. "The Storms of Life" was his debut back in 1986 and it's still one of my favorite country albums of all time. It perfectly encapsulates everything that country should be; Simple, yet affecting, Down-to-earth, yet introspective and philosophical.
All these songs are nice, catchy tunes, with some very striking and personal lyrics.
This album makes me feel like a trucker is telling me his true feelings.
This is an album for the working man who thinks and feels.

checkit

Randy also voice Mr. Hyunh's country voice in the "My Hyunh does Country" episode of HEY ARNOLD!

STANDOUT TRACKS:
On The Other Hand
Diggin' Up Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment