Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mux Mool - Skulltaste



















This is one of those albums that came to me from left field. I'm a big fan of Flying Lotus and Last.FM said this guy fit the same motif. So, I figured I'd check the album out. Boy was I surprised. This album is just fantastic. It's not like Flying Lotus at all, really. It's more of a clash between Daft Punk, Crystal Castles and Flying Lotus. It's got electonica and chiptune influences, but the beats feel as if they deserve to be hip hop tracks. I can completely imagine a hip hop remix album with this. Honestly, I'm not sure who this album is made to appeal to, and that's part of the appeal. If you're an instrumental hip hop fan: check it out. If you're an electronica fan: check it out. If you're a chiptune fan: check it out. You'll be beyond pleased.

(peep this shit)

No comments:

Post a Comment